"For a moment, she re-discovered the purpose of her life. She was here in earth to grasp the meaning of its wild enchantment and call each thing by its right name.” -Boris Pasternak

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

The Start of Something New

The end of my semester has come. 3 A's, 1 B, 1 C... Not my ideal grade point average, but it'll do. I think I deserve those grades. Now I have all the time in the world, seeing that I don't have a job, and can no longer be considered a student (at least for the nest three months)(and that is also only an official title. I think everyone is a student until they can no longer think...but that's another story).

Hmmm...I wonder if I still want to major in Jewish Studies?

"Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn." -Rhett Butler in Gone with the Wind
I think I am going to catch up on movies. I haven't seen a movie in a while. Or at least a classic film. I am going to rely on my trusty Allison and Steven duo. Al is an actress. Stevo is a musician. We have late night 'cheesy bread movie night dates.' I like them a lot! Al and Steven, as well as our movie dates.

"This is not a book that should be tossed lightly aside. It should be hurled with great force." -Dorothy Parker
My Engl Prof gave me this quote last night, our last class together. I've taken Rob Williams twice and I would gladly take him again.
I think I am going to actually finish books this summer. I will often pick up a book, fall in love with it, and then never finish it. I have yet to "read" Jesus for President, Traveling Mercies, Slaughter House Five, The Bell Jar and Makes me Wanna Holler. I want to read. And I want to write. I want to put together all the snippets I've collected of eavesdropping on others' conversations, or interactions with me. I want to finish my poems. Organize.
Photobucket

"If music be the food of love, play on." -William Shakespeare
I am going to eat this summer. Really, I want to have at least two full meals a day and some snacks and chocolate. I rarely had time to sleep, let alone eat...always running around doing something. So I am going to eat! And I am excited
I am also planning on putting together music playlists for people. I've made one that I am very excited about. I've named it "edit" because I keep changing it. But I really do like it so far...
Photobucket

And this means, if I am going to be reading, watching and eating, that I will most likely be smoking. And that means I will spend too much time at my trusty *bucks...
Photobucket

And cleaning my room...
Photobucket

dyeing my hair...
Photobucket

praying for my dear friends in Israel...
Photobucket
(http://massah.us/)

And being...
Just learning how to be. Resting. In peace.
That is my goal for the summer.
To find PEACE. I don't want any drama. I don't want any hurt feelings. Or sad feelings. I don't want there to be any deaths. Or accidents. Or illness. Or frustration. Or sex. Or babies. Or marriages. I want to figure out what this whole thing, following Jesus, really looks like. For reals. yo. ugh. Maybe I am just a romantic. But maybe, the next three months can prove that it might not be so bad. Being a romantic, I mean.
Remind me, in three months, if I've done any of these things. I want to remember this one...

No comments:

Followers