"For a moment, she re-discovered the purpose of her life. She was here in earth to grasp the meaning of its wild enchantment and call each thing by its right name.” -Boris Pasternak

Monday, June 22, 2009

Today I ...

Today I went shopping with my friend Charlotte.
We bought a lot of clothes, for not a lot of money.
We fed two homeless women and prayed with one of them.

I postponed my jury duty. I still need to call my dentist.
I talked to two friends in Israel today. One this morning. One just now.
I haven't had a cigarette.
I feel good. I feel alive.
I feel like Gd has just reminded me why I chose Him.
I don't feel like cleaning my room. But I need to.

It's just one of those days when your spirit feels light.
I am excited about the roadtrip I am going on with Jamie.
I am excited about my cousin's Bar Mitzvah.
I just found out that I got accepted into the housing at SFSU.
I finally figured out that I feel the same way about my Pastor and Obama.
I really like Sprite.

I am especially excited, though, about my friends in Israel, because they are reconnecting with people we met last year. I have been praying for those people all year, and I miss them and I love them. I am in joy right now that they are having coffee and hanging out together. That excites me.

It also excites me that my friend Ariel is coming down tomorrow. Me and her and Aaron are going to the Museums. I am excited to see those and to be with them.

Amen to a good day.

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Congrats on housing and the overall good feelings :) It's nice to have a serene day whenever you can!

Followers