"For a moment, she re-discovered the purpose of her life. She was here in earth to grasp the meaning of its wild enchantment and call each thing by its right name.” -Boris Pasternak

Friday, June 26, 2009

rusty staples

Today is my Grandmothers birthday.

She is in her eighty's, but I don't know where exactly.

My cousin's Bar Mitzvah is tomorrow. I am reading the Torah tomorrow and I am so very nervous. It is really awesome to be with so much of my family. I really love them a lot. But it is interesting how our family unit collectively interacts. We've all been around each other for our whole lives, yet so many things happen individually. Like my friend dying. This doesn't affect my extended family in the least. They were sad to hear of it, but not all of them heard what happened. It didn't resonate with them. And the first cousin to graduate college was this May. We are so proud of her! But we have an uncle who is an attorney, two PhD's in the family and almost everyone has a good job, and went to college. So when things in our lives, boyfriends, or even birthdays go by- we're always staples, just uninformed ones. Maybe a little rusty too.

But I love them. Dearly. And forever. Even through the yelling, and the frustration. And the competition and confusion. The celebrations and gossip.
I love them.

No comments:

Followers