"For a moment, she re-discovered the purpose of her life. She was here in earth to grasp the meaning of its wild enchantment and call each thing by its right name.” -Boris Pasternak

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

airports and chocolate

Sitting in the San Diego International airport- I can see my parents sitting across from me. My brother is sick, so we have to be nice to him.
I have never sat at gate 1 before. It's strange because I have traveled so much this year, yet I have never been to this part of the airport.
Since May 2008:

To New York, layover in Missouri.
To Israel, layover in Amsterdam.
To India, layover in Istanbul.
To New York, layover in Paris.
To San Diego, layover in Kansas City.
To San Francisco (2x).

All those places I have either been alone or with friends.
I am traveling with my family for the first time in over a year and half. It is rather obnoxious, not going to lie. My mom is trying to talk to the security guard. My brother forgot his ID and my dad is forgetting where he put our boarding pass.

I love traveling alone. And I love traveling with one other person. I also love to travel with a group of ten or more. But when it is 4, 5, 7, it is just no bueno.

We are going to Connecticut for my cousins Bar Mitzvah.
Now, to explain a little, I have a HUGE family. My mom is part of a family of ten, my father one of seven. I have ten Aunts. Nine Uncles. And thirty four cousins.

Usually, everything comes to CA for weddings, funerals, holidays, parties, and Bat/Bar Mitzvahs. But this time, we have an east coast adventure. And it sucks because not all of the siblings on my mom's side are coming because they can't "afford it". I mean, how many times have the out of states come to us for our parties?

Oh well, For me, this family is so worth it. They are so weird, but thats okay, because they are family, you know?

Well, they're calling us up. And I have melted chocolate I need to inhale.

No comments:

Followers