"For a moment, she re-discovered the purpose of her life. She was here in earth to grasp the meaning of its wild enchantment and call each thing by its right name.” -Boris Pasternak

Saturday, June 20, 2009

Shabbat

Shabbat Shalom! And what a shalom shabbat it is :)

Photobucket

Hebrews 4
Today, if you hear His voice, do not harden your hearts [...] those who enter Gd's rest also rest from their own work, just as Gd did from His. Let us therefore, make every effort to enter that rest , so that no one will perish by following their example of disobedience. For the word of Gd is alive and active. Sharper than any double edged sword [...] Nothing in creation is hidden from Gd's sight.

I find this exhilarating. It is truth. It is powerful. It is beautiful.
That we were made to be in community, and we have examples of that.

My friend Aaron and I spent the afternoon making grilled cheese and tomato soup and cartoons for our friends in Israel, whom we miss very very much. I love that. I love that I have been given a friend like him (not to exclude other friends I have, whom I also love) to laugh and goof off, and still be resting in the peace of rest.

I was prayed over by my friend's mom. She is a mentor to me. A woman who I respect a lot. She has a powerful intuition of spiritual needs and guidance and wisdom. She beholds truth and gives and gives and gives. Her words of comfort and petition and urgency and love gave me rest.

The car ride home was great, I got to listen to new music (Greg Laswell, William Fitzsimmons and Ingrid Michaelson). They are old favorites which I just recently downloaded to my little ipod. Driving in the overcast over the 52 freeway gave me rest.

To give the thanks of this first day of rest to a Gd who loves unconditionally and forgives wholly and blesses magnificently, is my idea of rest. Shabbat Shalom friends :)

No comments:

Followers