"For a moment, she re-discovered the purpose of her life. She was here in earth to grasp the meaning of its wild enchantment and call each thing by its right name.” -Boris Pasternak

Saturday, August 22, 2009

schedules and futures

Funny story: On the corner of Haight and Ashbury and a homeless woman sticks her cup-filled hand out from inside a trashcan. I was so taken aback, I screamed. A group of people on the street were laughing and laughing. I was so embarrassed. :)

I feel like I know that area so well, after getting lost yesterday with Brooklyn and going again today with the Dudas family. They helped me lower my bed and move my dresser. Downtown, we spent a lot of time at Amoeba's. It's a radical, overwhelming, beautiful record shop. I bought:


Bob Dylan Freewheelin' and Blood on the Tracks
Juno soundtrack
The Allman Brothers Band Brothers and Sisters

Ariel and I, later in the evening, had in'out, we spend some time at her place and visited with her parents. Then we went out to see a movie. I love knowing people here. I love that I can visit Ariel, whenever I want really. I love that I can laugh and have good conversation with her and her parents.

Tomorrow I have lunch plans with my Uncle and cousin in the Mission. So far, that is my favorite district. And my Uncle is showing me a place on 18th that is a french bakery.

With all of this going on, all of my free time spent with old friends- I am so enjoying my space here. But I also look forward to meeting new people.

I met a bunch of folks at the Hillel house and had a dream with all of them in it. I pray that whatever my future with them looks like, it will be one of peace and respect. I heard that my friend, another Jewish Believer, was in contact with them and I hope that we can connect the same way.

I am nervous for school to actually start.
And I am nervous for some relationships to grow, and/or not.
I am excited for the wind to be blowing.
And I am excited to begin an adventure that is known by Gd.

and so it is ...

No comments:

Followers