"For a moment, she re-discovered the purpose of her life. She was here in earth to grasp the meaning of its wild enchantment and call each thing by its right name.” -Boris Pasternak

Monday, August 31, 2009

Celtic/Gaelic for Soft and Gentle

I am between classes right now, and will be getting up soon to make brunch for myself. Possibly granola with blueberries and milk. :)

I picked up a journal a few moments ago. It's a blue/teal color. It is full of Megan's 12-14 year old thoughts to me. From 2002 to '04 she wrote to "me" in the hopes I would read it. In between actual entries, she would add quick and easy multiple choice questions, such as "who is my favorite actor?" and harder ones such as, "What year did the Dragons Head begin [in Harry Potter]." Other additives like homework given to buy her candy and call her to tell her what I thought of the journal so far.

One entry that got me crying in particular was on September 22, 2003:

"uhhh, there was something I was going to say... I know it... *scratches head* let's see. * * * ten minutes later... I REMEMBER! I was going to say that I had a really good time at Church, and that it meant a lot to me when you leaned your head on my shoulder. You are my best friend in the world and I love you too much for words. Isn't it funny how none of our fights have lasted longer that a few days? We're too good."

I have made a lot of mistakes, especially with Megan's heart and our friendship.

I guess I feel really bad that I didn't give her back the attention she gave me, or that she deserved[s]. She is so generous and kind. Her gentle nature and pure spirit give me hope that such things exist. She feels so deeply. And I love her muchly.


^ at a Church for during Halloween season in 2002 or 3...


No comments:

Followers