"For a moment, she re-discovered the purpose of her life. She was here in earth to grasp the meaning of its wild enchantment and call each thing by its right name.” -Boris Pasternak

Monday, March 1, 2010

books.

As I am sitting at my desk, procrastinating, I look at my bookshelf.

I find it ironic that my two Chuck Klosterman books are siting next to my two Henri Nouwen books. Then I have four Bibles in a row (JPS Tanakh, Hebrew NT, NIV travel, NLT) and next to them is the Communist Manifesto, Steinbeck, Vonnegut, Salinger, Lauren Winner, Elie Wiesel and then another Bible.

On the bottom of the shelf I have the Holocaust Encylcopedia, Shakespeare's collected works, Poe, Rob Bell, W.E.B. Dubois, five collections of Primary sources and historical textbooks, Erica Jong and Churchill.

I like my books.

Now, off to actually write two short pages for my "voices of European women" and a research paper proposal for another history class.

ciao...

2 comments:

Kyle said...

i loooove books! do a bunch of books in a row function like a mirror?

sadly i borrow from the library more than purchase but i have three shelves

One containing Bibles and commentaries

One containing my buddhism and spiritual development books

The third filled mostly with chuck palahniuk, roald dahl, mein kampf (for educational purposes), and crimethinc

Ashley said...

hahaha! Ironic, yes. But proof that you are willing to listen to other mindsets without judgment. A quality most don't have...

I will always remember Cat's Cradle for how good it was written. Such a haunting book...

Followers