"For a moment, she re-discovered the purpose of her life. She was here in earth to grasp the meaning of its wild enchantment and call each thing by its right name.” -Boris Pasternak

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Mourning



My Grandmother, Janet Stover, passed away last night.

She had been sick for quite a few years, almost unrecognizable. I rejoice that she is in Heaven now, no longer in pain. I grieve for my father who is alone for the next few days. I also feel sadness for my Grandfather who loved my Grandma well. I will miss her smell. She had skin cancer and was forced to use this cream that had a very...remarkable sense to it. She laughed easily and often. She loved people very deeply, and it is evident that she was loved back. I remember her telling me when I was young, I had to learn to love Gd with all of my strength and ALL of my heart; only then would I be ready to get married because, she said, you have to love your husband second. She was beautiful. She was very conservative and gentle. She was a lover of Jesus. The funeral is this Friday. I won't lie, I am bummed for the sacrifices I have to make this weekend, but family is so worth so much more.

May her memory be one of thanksgiving and joy, B'shem Yeshua.

2 comments:

Elaine said...

beautiful memory picture

Ashley said...

oh malka. I hope everything is alright. I lost my grandmother in high school. Well, I've lost all my grandparents now! Taking comfort that they are in heaven? Yes, yes...that helps the most.

Followers