"For a moment, she re-discovered the purpose of her life. She was here in earth to grasp the meaning of its wild enchantment and call each thing by its right name.” -Boris Pasternak

Saturday, September 26, 2009

shoes...

Oy vey. I really need new shoes.



There is something about shoe shopping that I find so repulsive. I would guess the statistic that 3 out of 5 of my friends have shoe obsessions; somehow I escaped that influence. The very idea of looking at and trying on shoes is absolutely not appealing to me. I would gladly throw this pair away, however I would then be without shoes. I should also mention that it is really hard for me to spend more than $20 on a pair.



I have a pair of TOMS ($ defense: a moral cause), but they are red and do not always match my clothes. I have some fake Ugg boots ($ defense: a gift), but I tend to drag my feet in them. I have a pair of heels, and flats (from the parents) that I take out for special occasions. I also have some sweet flip-flops that I've had for about five years and a sweet pair of Rainbows ($ defense: a gift), but my feet would freeze if I wore them.



When I find that one pair, it will be good. They won't give me blisters or cuts. The color won't be overly dramatic, something like black, or tope. They will slip on my feet easily and make me feel like I could walk for days. hmmm. The smell of good shoes- so good!

No comments:

Followers