"For a moment, she re-discovered the purpose of her life. She was here in earth to grasp the meaning of its wild enchantment and call each thing by its right name.” -Boris Pasternak

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

i like hebrew

i like hebrew.

i like to stand on the muni, bumping into the old asian women around me.

i like to see someone who remembers my name.
but i do not like it when i forget their name.

i like to eat melted cheese on a piece of wholegrain bread with walnuts.

i like to drink water.

i like it when my teachers know my name.

i like it more when they know who i am.

i like feeling confident about praying in public.

i like running into jews for jesus missionaries at my school.

i like getting emails.

i like it when my therapist calls me back.

i like listening to sad music when i am happy.

i also like to listen to sad music when i am sad. but this one is a problem.

i like having late night convo's with my roommate. she is cool.

i like reconnecting.

i like learning about sex and relationships from a text book.

i like to choreograph dances to worship music in my head as i walk to my classes.

i like this life in a new city
(it's new enough that i can use a map and not look silly)

No comments:

Followers