"For a moment, she re-discovered the purpose of her life. She was here in earth to grasp the meaning of its wild enchantment and call each thing by its right name.” -Boris Pasternak

Sunday, September 20, 2009

the day time of the night


^a Rosh Hashanah Rose...

A late night adventure with my neighbors.

I baked cookies (tried to cut the recipe in half = fail). My neighbors, being gracious, ate most of them. Then we proceeded to walk around campus, looking for roofs to walk on. Talked with a Police Officer who was very glad to see us (apparently we were the first sober people he had seen in a few hours). Made a stop at the 24 hour Subway for Andy. Met up with some friends we know. Hid from some friends we didn't want to see. Found a secret entrance. Scaled the roof of the Cesar Chavez building. Looked at the stars. Felt the wind. I jumped around, full of energy, Casey commented on and bounced off my energy and Andy tried to ignore us both. I think we embarrassed him :)


^on the roof of the highest building on campus...



^Andy, me and Casey's legs...

Happy New Year. Although I spent the whole day studying and eating kugel (thanks for the great recipe Liz!) I feel rested.
Probably because I napped.
Decided that it's not depression that I suffer from, but anxiety.
There is a peace here.
Ironic to say, post anxiety revelation. I suppose that is how Gd works though. I mean, Gd can heal through the efficacy of thought. A scripture reference just came to mind:

Rejoice in the Lrd always, I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evidence to all. The Lrd is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to Gd. And the peace of Gd, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Yeshua HaMashiach. Philippians 4:11

I like it!


^studies obsessed...

1 comment:

Ashley said...

YES. I have always loved that verse.

Anxiety is not uncommon, I know it definitely affects me too!

Love you, Queen.

Followers