"For a moment, she re-discovered the purpose of her life. She was here in earth to grasp the meaning of its wild enchantment and call each thing by its right name.” -Boris Pasternak

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

I am this woman.


It's been a while. I apologize.

The last week I have been on an emotional rollercoaster.

The last three days I have been in the Library Annex for over 15 hours combined.

I have written 25 pages of scholarly analysis and argued my way into the 16th century world of women poets and the Jewish immigrant woman of the Progressive era.

I have had late night laughing fits with my co-workers and early morning tears at the overwhelming load I carry.

My therapist and I are preparing for our last two meetings, ever. I am really sad about this separation. Our relationship is like non other and I grieve that I will possibly never see her again.

Housing owns my soul.

I have to miss a meeting with my summer-camp counselors because of housing.

Jimmy is my best friend. Something happened in the last few days; a connection, a familiar spark.

I need a break. I have been sleeping very poorly and thinking too much. My thoughts have been racing through moving things, school things, work things, family things, friend things, life things, sad things, happy things, everything.

I am tired. I am homesick. I am excited to see Kim. I am excited to sleep in the guest room of my house.

Gd has been good to me. All the people who I've met this last year make me so thankful for Jesus. I cannot believe that I have made such lasting friends, already!

I am stoked to go home. And I am stoked to recount this last year.

I like who I am.

I don't say this to be selfish, but in the last couple of episodes of my life, I have enjoyed her. Even through the crazy. I anticipate, with smiles all around, the next episode!




No comments:

Followers