"For a moment, she re-discovered the purpose of her life. She was here in earth to grasp the meaning of its wild enchantment and call each thing by its right name.” -Boris Pasternak

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

a friend.

Sometimes you need a friend.

I watched "An Education" tonight with my friends and this movie freaked me out!

I started to feel sad: how messed up I am, how broken I've become, mistakes I've made, afogs yet to come, etc, etc, etc...

Then I went and found my friend Jimmy.

We talked for over an hour. He listened to me. Really listened. Offered more than advice. He offered me his time and his friend-devotion.

My therapist once said that Jimmy is perfect for me (as a friend)...

Now, I am soaking in his words.

His words include: you're worth it. don't fear. be caring and be the best person you can be. what are you afraid of? what is selfishness? you're great. i care.

It's nice to know that I have made a kindred here.

No comments:

Followers