"For a moment, she re-discovered the purpose of her life. She was here in earth to grasp the meaning of its wild enchantment and call each thing by its right name.” -Boris Pasternak

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

oh life to be short lived

oh death, what can I give?

...

I am sitting in my living room with two friends from SD. They have stayed over the last couple of days to finish their road trip from Oregon. Kate just shared that she thinks I am "worldly". I know she means well. From the "Christian" perspective, that is a negative thing. Be in the world, not of it. But from Kate's eyes, I know she is giving me the biggest compliment she can give. I accept it.

My Aunt called me a couple days ago, crying. I love her. She is in need of tea and hugs. I shared with her a poem by T S Eliot

We must be still and still moving
Into another intensity
For a further union, a deeper communion
Through the dark cold and the empty desolation,
The wave cry, the wind cry, the vast waters
Of the petrel and the porpoise.
In my end is my beginning


It's interesting looking at the span of one's life and seeing the learning moments. Whats more than just looking at your own timeline is actually loving it too. I think it's important to be present to your life. Seeing a therapist when you need an emotional boost. sharing coffee with a friend who needs to communicate with their eyes. looking at a mistake and sighing with little hint of remorse. Telling a friend that they have a problem. Telling a friend that you reject their insecurities. Having magnificent conversations with your parents after years of turmoil. Sitting across the couch from a trusted individual and engaging in a life-giving dialogue.

Dancing with the Savior you've known since you were a child.

It's a beautiful life.

I get so sentimental and emotional past 12pm. It's a problem :)


^friend Jared...the bird whisperer :)

1 comment:

Ashley said...

I loooooove you Malka!! And I LOVE hearing your perspective on life. It puts me in such a good mood :)

Followers