"For a moment, she re-discovered the purpose of her life. She was here in earth to grasp the meaning of its wild enchantment and call each thing by its right name.” -Boris Pasternak

Friday, December 11, 2009

it's raining

A few days ago, I made a mix of my favorite coffee shop people. I call certain musicians by that name because when I first started to develop my own music taste, all the people I was drawn to were performing in cafe's all over the world.

It's raining really hard today.

In the last twenty minutes, I probably gave myself a hernia. School administration is an incredible and incredibly terrible thing. I wanted to make sure that my 'change of major' had processed in the registrar's office. The lady behind the desk said that she didn't see it. When did it happen? A week ago.

She gave me Christopher's number. He is the 'guy' who deals with problems. I called him every half hour for two hours. Finally, he was in the office and picked up the phone.

"Hi, my name is Malka and I am a student here at SFSU. I tried to change my major a week ago, but the registrar's office says that it hasn't changed. My pre-reg is in an hour and I don't know what to do." -pause to hold back tears.
"It's okay Malka, we'll try to figure this out. Give me your student I.D. and I'll call you back, but I can't promise you anything."

Twenty minutes later he left a message (I was peeing) and it went something like this:
"umm...your message machine is awesome. Okay, I found your paperwork and went ahead and changed your major- so you are all set. Have a good weekend."

Having worked in the College system, I have an idea of who this guy is. The kind of paperwork he had to go through to find mine, the kind of people he works with. I am so thankful that he made my life better just now.

That was a tangent.

So my music playlist:
Joshua Radin
Greg Laswell
Ingrid Michaelson
William Fitzsimmons
Priscilla Ahn
Molly Jenson
Rosie Golan
...

It's dark and rainy outside. The music is perfect.
I feel really good.

No comments:

Followers