"For a moment, she re-discovered the purpose of her life. She was here in earth to grasp the meaning of its wild enchantment and call each thing by its right name.” -Boris Pasternak

Monday, February 1, 2010

Dear Blog...

Dear Blog,
It has been so long! How have you been holding up? I hear that Google is coming out with some new software or something- should be interesting!

I have been well. I have been making some great musical playlists as of recent. Music has been tangible to me lately. Especially Bob Dylan, Eddie Vedder, Damien Rice and James Taylor. I spent early last week with a dear family friend named Josh. He is in a band called Boomsnake and they toured the west coast. He is such a great man. I felt very special hanging out with him and his fellow band-mates.

School has begun and what a fabulous schedule I have this year! All history classes. I love it. Something about history makes me smile. It is life-giving to me. My history-mentor, Devin and I have been emailing back and forth about history and life. It excites me to think about grad school and the future. It also excites me to be studying what I love now.

This weekend, I got to see three of my besties. Sarah was in town from Washington D.C. She is such an exquisite vision of the Lrd's goodness. She listens well. Then I got to spend a day and half with Natalie and Topher. They are gems. We had a very good and intense time together. It was really beautiful to experience community with them. Our conversations were about scrabble, food, boundaries, sincerity, psychology, communication and love. I love them deeply. And I feel loved by them deeply.

Today I had therapy and two Bible studies. The first Bible study just started tonight and is being lead by Rachelle. It is a girls study over the book Captivating. I think it will be a good one. It dawned on me that Rachelle lead a girls group when I was in HS...She has a real gift of leading women closer to Gd's heart.

I have been spending my time with really good people. Thanks for listening. Sorry again for being so lame about updating you on life.

Shalom Shalom...

1 comment:

Ashley said...

writing to your blog, huh? haha, you are a crazy one and I love you :)

Captivating! Ahhh...the book empowered me in a lot of ways. I should say God empowered me through that book. Beautiful!!

Followers