"For a moment, she re-discovered the purpose of her life. She was here in earth to grasp the meaning of its wild enchantment and call each thing by its right name.” -Boris Pasternak

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

baking tips

I made cookies yesterday for the Bible study I attend.



Actually, let me rewind to the third grade. My sister and I were attempting to make our first batch of cookies. We put the butter in a plastic bowl and then realized it had to be softened. We put the plastic bowl over the stove. Needless to say it caught on fire and we turned around just in time to...well I don't exactly remember what happened, but our house didn't burn down and we didn't finish making cookies.

Sixth grade my friend Emily and I were baking cookies while her mom took a nap. We forgot to add any sugar in and her mom got mad at us for wasting all the ingredients for nothing (the cookies were disgusting).

High School my sister and I were home alone one day- it was probably a Thursday because that's when our mom was at work and our brother with the neighbors- we decided to bake cookies, As The World Turns was on and it was midday. By the time we had everything ready, we hadn't yet preheated the oven. So we decided to screw it and just ate the cookie dough raw for the rest of our soap opera marathon.

So yesterday I am baking cookies with my Golden Spoon apron and my non-matching pans and bowls. Everything was going great, until I realized that the cookies (how can you NOT have a few cookies worth??) were rather sweet. I went back and read the directions and again and pieced my actions. I added 1 cup of brown sugar and 1 cup of granulated sugar. The directions say to use half a cup for both. oops.

My cookies taste good if you heat them in the toaster oven for about five minutes. They're flat and sweet. oh well. Maybe one day I will figure out how to make cookies, but until then it is an adventure perhaps.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

I miss you coming to our bible study!!!!

Elaine said...

Oy!

Followers