"For a moment, she re-discovered the purpose of her life. She was here in earth to grasp the meaning of its wild enchantment and call each thing by its right name.” -Boris Pasternak

Saturday, April 25, 2009

lazy is as lazy does...

What a day! The sun is out, the wind is singing and I have just discovered what a lazy person I am.
I went to Torah study with Abba this morning. Almost side swiped a monster truck in my hybrid. Found a dress at a thrift store and celebrated as I pumped $2.19 per gallon gas into my car. I am currently listening to a sweet playlist I created a few days ago.
[WILCO: What Light]
I am thinking about which page I left off in a Chuck Klosterman book. I am thinking about how tonight I am going to hang out with Lauren and maybe share a bottle of wine. I am thinking about how I do not want to go to Church tomorrow, but I have a commitment to operate the PowerPoint.
[Cat Stevens: The Wind]
And while I am considering the sun outside, feeling the warm coat of my dog, Aristotle, at my feet, I am struck with the fact that I am trying hard to avert my eyes from the to-do list for the weekend that I made. It is so unsuspecting.
Thin, white paper with black ink taking up less than half the page of residence. The thing is, everything listed has to do with school. And this semester of school , I have the privilege of taking one creative writing, two history and two science classes. My forte is NOT math/science. And I happen to have two quizzes this next week that I must prepare for if I hope to get a C in either class. Damn-it, I don't want to get a C, but right now it looks like that is the goal. I can absolutely not fail this class. But I don't care.
[Conor Oberst: Cape Canaveral]
You would think that since there was so much pressure to pass this class, I would put a little effort. But I really don't care. This is a horrible attribute to acquire. I wonder how much of my life has degraded because of my recent laziness. I don't think I was always like this. I am doing everything I can to not start my geography study guide. I wonder what decisions I will screw up in the future if I continue giving in to laziness. I wonder what year Allen Ginsberg died? I wonder if Chuck Klosterman has ever had a homosexual relationship? I wonder if my geography teacher, Scott, smokes pot on the weekends. I wonder what my friends in Israel are doing? I wonder if I will ever live there? I wonder if I'll ever have children? I wonder if I'll ever get married!?
I wonder.
I wonder.
Devils Advocate: I wonder what would happen if you at least tried. You would do better on this test, then you would have less stress of passing the class. And that will make you happier.

Okay, okay Devil. I give in!
Let's see how this goes.
Hello climate and biospheres!
[Bob Dylan: A Hard Rain's Gonna Fall]

No comments:

Followers